Gallery3@HCC is located at the Dale Mabry Campus of Hillsborough Community College. The campus is located at 4001 Tampa Bay Blvd, near Raymond James Stadium, International Mall and the Tampa Airport. It is a short 30 minute drive from Clearwater / Dunedin, excluding rush hour.
There is no cost to enter the show and no commissions on any sales. Sales will be made directly between the buyer and the artist. The college does not handle sales. Any work sold must remain on display until the end of the exhibit. No exceptions.
The college employs a professional curator that will hang the show, make signage, etc. In addition, the college provides the following promotions and services, free of charge to PAVA:
- Reception open to the public, all food and beverages provided by the college
- Professionally printed postcard invitations to the exhibit and reception
- Distribution of invitations to faculty, staff, students and visiting guests (invitations also available for PAVA / artist distribution)
- Press release to various media outlets in the Tampa Bay Area
- Listing on events calendars of Arts Tampa Bay and WEDU
- Information on website of Gallery221@HCC (parent gallery)
- Marketing through the college’s social media outlets on Facebook, Twitter and more
The HCC staff may photograph your work and use the photographs in their marketing initiatives. The photographs will otherwise not be distributed.
Each artist may submit 2 pieces of work for the exhibit. The ceilings are 9 feet high. Large format work is welcome. If you submit a very large piece (e.g. 36×48 or larger) please submit a medium or smaller piece for your second item. There are a limited number of pedestals with bonnets and some low profile, locking display cases available for 3-D work.
PAVA exhibit coordinators will work with the HCC curator to review the size dimensions of the work submitted to ensure that there is neither too little or too much work for the gallery space. Photos of your work are helpful for visualization during this process.
- Thursday, July 6th – All information must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The gallery needs the information 60 days in advance of the show.
- Wednesday, September 6th – Work to be dropped off for exhibit. More details on time and location will be provided closer to that date.
- Monday, September 11th – Exhibit installation complete. Gallery open to the public.
- Thursday, October 12th – Public reception, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday, December 8th – Exhibit closes
- Tuesday, December 12th – Pickup of art work, details at a later date.
****** HCC IS INVESTING SIGNIFICANT TIME AND RESOURCES TO PROMOTE THIS EXHIBIT AND DRAW IN PATRONS. IF YOU PLAN TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EXHIBIT, PLAN TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY TO ATTEND THE OCTOBER RECEPTION HCC IS PROVIDING. *****
- Your name
- Your phone or email (not both) contact information for potential buyers
- Title of work
- Dimensions – HxWxD
- Photo – optional
Once the list of work is submitted to HCC on July 6th, there should be no changes to your entries. However, an exception will be made for those artists participating in the Cool Art Show because of the timing of the deadline and the show. If you submit work for HCC that you then subsequently sell at Cool, you will be able to provide a replacement.