PAVA Meeting Minutes
March 15, 2011 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
President Susan Gehring opened the meeting.
- Cool applications went out last week. Judges have been selected.
- Gulfport show – 2 Cool Art – will be Feb. 10,11,12, 2012. Some booths are very big, members encouraged to share.
- Two new Board members are needed. Will be selected in April and voted on in May.
- Website committee is needed. Volunteers are requested.
- City of Clearwater Library exhibit in progress.
- Hyatt Hotel – exhibitors needed. Weekend shows at least through August.
- Members show at Beach Art – Indian Rocks – September 16 through end of October.
- Facebook – Board needs to decide parameters of what/who can post. Issues discussed about fans not being viewable and not being able to post photos.
- PAVA informational brochure – or Rack Card. Member (Holly) volunteered to do more research on this.
- Discussion on display panels being purchased so artists could rent them. Point raised that maybe a rental company could better handle it.
- Request from Casa Tina’s for artists to volunteer for community lantern project.
- Cool show publicist is asking for human interest stories or media connections.
- SPC exhibit in fall of 2012.
- Possible show at TIA in future.
- Now have 170 members in PAVA. Volunteers are needed for all projects.
Jenna Star Friedman.