PAVA Meeting Minutes
January 18, 2011 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
President Susan Gehring opened the meeting.
All members introduced themselves.
- President Gehring and Connie Parkinson had a meeting with Gulfport Casino. Gehring described the meeting and the exhibition setting so members would have knowledge of the opportunity for PAVA. Group discussion followed
- Board members were asked to vote on whether to to go forward with exhibition at Gulfport Casino and exhibition dates of Feb. 10, 11, 12, 2012. Vote taken – decision approved.
- Planning for PAVA’s future: members were asked to consider what PAVA does and what they want it to do. Members were divided into smaller groups for focused discussions. Group came back together and discussion answers were compiled.
**See results of planning session in synopsis below.
Jenna Star Friedman
** Results of the planning meeting on Jan 18.
RED indicates the most interest areas.
WHAT DOES PAVA DO NOW?
- Shows, exhibitions
- Community identity of artists
- Web site
- Reach out to artists
- Voice for Artists
- Assist artists in need
WHAT WOULD WE LIKE IT TO DO MORE OF?
- Create a Face book page 12 dots *
- Add PAVA website link to personal web site 4 dot
- Offer housing for traveling artists to shows 2 dots
- Keep up quality 11 dots *
- utside Pinellas County 2 dots
- Have meetings to educate the members about the business of art
- Go to college level schools and talk about being an artist 1 dot
- Use television to talk about art 2 dots
- Have meetings to educate the public about art; What does art do for the public, the economic impact of art in the community? 10 dots *
- Host information meetings with public officials 4 dots
- Be a advocate for arts 6 dots
- Space on website for members information (public message board) 14 dots *