PAVA Board Meeting Munutes
March 15, 2011 5:30-7:00 p.m.
PAVA BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
In attendance: Susan Rollins Gehring, Barbara Hanson, Lori Ulen, Tony Marsh, Jenna Star Friedman
President Susan Gehring called the meeting to order. Approval of Minutes Treasurer’s Report : review of budget for 2011.
President’s Report by Susan Gehring:
- Update on Cool Art 23: Joyce Curvin – Publicity – looking for any human interest stories or media connections. Jennifer Weaver and sister – Volunteers committee. Connie and Susan – everything else. Judges for entering: Amanda Cooper, David Shenkweler, Lynn Whitelaw.
- Update on 2Cool Art in Gulfport: Feb. 10, 11, 12, 2012.
- 501c3 – currently at a standstill.
- Nominating committee – Barbara Burhans is currently away. Two seats need to be filled (Jenna and Ronnie).
- Website – committee is needed to work with this.
- City of Clearwater Library update by Lorie Ulen: 30 artists entered; PAVA making $410 with $300 from Library and entry fee; pictures are on Facebook.
- Hyatt week-end exhibition by Lorie Ulen: last weekend Jack and Lisa had first exhibit: felt there wasn’t a lot of interest in it. Ideas: signs for PAVA, info brochures. Every weekend through August.
- Request for financial and volunteer artists support for Dunedin community project by Tina Avila: decided to put it out to individuals at PAVA general meeting.
- PAVA possibly buying display panels that artists could rent for exhibitions.
- SPC: Brandy Starka, professor at SPC Seminole, asking if PAVA wants to do exhibit there in 2010. To be discussed further.
- Next Board meeting will be April 19, 2011.
Meeting adjourned. 7:00 p.m.
Jenna Star Friedman